3.30.2004

4 month old

Weight: 14 lbs 1 oz (6.5 kg)
Height: 24.25 inches (61.6 cm)
Head Circumference: 43 cm

This time around, Dylan got to see different doctor. It's dr. Chun today, at first I don't like the fact that he has to see different doctor everytime. In my perception, it's better if the pediatrician is the same all the time, meaning that she already familiar with my baby health history.

First was dr. Chung, then the Indian doctor (I couldn't even remember her name, it was hard to prounounce), and now another doctor. To my surprise, I reaaalllly love this dr. Chun. She's a middle-age woman with a lot of smile. It's not just the smile that made me happy, but the fact that she eagerly answered all my questions and concerns with full explanation. Up to the details, and even more. She asked a lot of questions and very friendly to Dylan, trying to make him feel comfortable.

We addressed all the issue, the rash in the body is probably from the detergent that I put in the laundry (this was my assumption) and she believed it might be it because the rash was only on the body parts area, not on his face. The cradle crap, to be treated by shampooing his head and rub baby oil afterwards.

Solid Food
Dr. Chun said to postpone giving solid food as long as possible, because it doesn't really give nutrients to the baby. When baby starts eating solid, he will decrease the intake of the formula/bf milk, which is actually rich of nutrients. When Dylan is ready, I should start by giving one teaspoon of rice cereal in the morning and in the evening (yes, one 1 teaspoon!).
Then about a week, see if Dylan is ok or not with it. If he develops allergy, then stop giving the cereal and just back to formula for the whole week.

Next is giving vegetable (carrot, green pea). Dr. Chun warned that it's important to start teaching baby about good eating habbit in this stage. Parents sometimes assumed that when baby refuses to veggie, then he doesn't like it and keep giving fruit instead. She emphasized the importance of keep giving the same amount of fruit and veggie, so baby gets used to the taste of both world. For now, Dylan should only get the single-ingredient foods to see if he gets any allergy.

Physical Developments
Dr. Chun examined Dylan by putting him on his belly. Dylan did "the defensive mode" by using his wrists to hold his upper body instead of using his arms. His eyes were examined as "sunset eyes" or "doll eyes". Dylan was then held up, and doctor was surprised because Dylan was already stepping!! (he was actually walking on the exam table when dr. Chun hold him under his arms). He's not ready yet, but it's a good sign. Conclusion: Dylan was ahead in mostly every aspects and I'm a proud mama!! and Anton is proud daddy!

Mental Developments
Dylan was alert to strangers already. He was staring at dr. Chun with full attention and listening to our conversation by turning his head to us back and forth. I told her that this morning, daddy and Dylan was playing and suddenly Dylan said .. "paaaapppaaa" .... She said, "Yeah, yeah, ... all parents like to lie about their kid" .. HAHAHAHAHA ....

Dylan got another 3-shot-vaccine again of DTP, Polio and Hib. I gave him 0.8 ml drop of Tylenol for comfort and dr. said to give more if Dylan developed fever (high possibility, I cross my fingers it's not happenning). He was a little warm before, but seems cheerful right now. Dylan is such a good sport, he was screaming at the top of his lung when he got the three injections. I held his hands and sang to him, but couldn't bare to see him getting the shots. Heart wrenching moment. But stop completely after I held him.

Next visit, May 25th. Hope to see dr. Chun still there. See how much I can write on this time. She's funny and explain everything while examining my baby. I'm so content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home